Most popular items missed from the wedding budget...
March 23, 2015
A Day in the Life of a Planner...
April 30, 2015
The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Extras your guests will actually LOVE!!
July 17, 2017
Ultimate Guide to Wedding Extras your guests will LOVE….
1. Signs—don’t go overboard, but have a great welcome sign/bar/etc. to make your wedding more customize. It's best to get them all to coordinate with hand calligraphy...that's a personal fav!
photo credit: rachel soloman
2. Bathroom Baskets—a guest always can use a breath mint, hair spray, feminine products, hair ties, band aids, aspirin, gum, safety pins, etc.
3. Hotel Bags—when a guest pays for a hotel then you know they are taking the extra step to make your wedding day a priority, so they deserve a hotel bag…nothing crazy, but a little something to say “welcome”. It usually is a water/something salty/something sweet/mints/and something unique to the area, like Mississippi Cheese Straws or Mississippi shaped chocolate. They can also be elaborate like custom canvas bags or baskets filled with delicious goodies. They can be as elaborate or fun as your budget will allow.
photo credit: Danny K Photography
4. Fun Food Stations—why just have plain spinach dip when you can have fun with your food?!?! You can go crazy--- deviled eggs or mini slushes, to tater tots and mini quesadillas…think of your favorite food and put it on the menu!
5. Late Night Snack—send everyone home with a full belly by doing a “late night pass”. That can be mini burgers, mini pizzas, chicken fingers and even make them specific to your taste like Krispy Kreme Donuts or Chick Fil A biscuits…basically anything you wanted to put on the menu, but didn’t quite make it ;)
6. Popsicle Station—can be mini popsicles inside a beverage or popsicle bar with all kinds of flavors (the best for those hot days in Mississippi). You can pick flavors that reflect each of your tastes.
Photo Credit: Brian Flint Photography
7. Caricaturist—They are a hit at EVERY reception…I mean who doesn’t love a fun drawing of themselves!?!?
Bottom line...have fun with your wedding day and make it unique to you and your spouse :)